What We Do
Focused Business entities
"Leading Energy Solutions that focus on the demand- as well on the supply side."
Although M-Tech’s work covers a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines such as project management, systems engineering, materials selection for design and control systems, our major competitive advantage lies in the fields of energy systems, both on the demand- as well as on the supply side. In this regard M-Tech specializes in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, computational fluid dynamics, integrated system simulation and optimization applied to the design, construction and commissioning of energy-related systems.
On the demand side, M-Tech provides a range of energy efficiency management products and services to a diverse client base including the large mining houses, hotel and hospital groups.
Examples of M-Tech’s niche markets are:
- Owner’s engineering services for Eskom’s coal and gas power stations.
- Simulation, design and optimization consultation services for thermal-fluid systems.
- Design, construction and commissioning of specialized first-of-a-kind thermal-fluid test facilities and prototype plants.
- Design, manufacturing and supply of heat pumps for water heating.
- Design, manufacturing and supply of modular deep mine air cooling units.
- Compressed air, steam and water reticulation system simulation and optimization services for heating, ventilating and cooling applications as well as for process plants.
- Design and implementation of advanced water heating system integration technologies for Demand Side Management (DSM) and Energy Efficiency (EE).
- Development and implementation of pump scheduling technologies for DSM and EE.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) consultation services.
- Development of thermal-fluid system simulation and design software.
- Development of plant simulators for power stations and other thermal-fluid systems.